A little bit about me

My full name is Margaret Iesha Hines. I am junior at the University of South Alabama with a major in elementary education. I plan to teach the 4th grade once I recieve my degree. Children need instruction in their lives, and I feel like I would be the best teacher ever. I like to add fun activities to learning. I have found out that kids like to learn more when you incorporate activities and projects into learning. I want every child to remember that I was the teacher that made a change in the way that they learned. I want every child, not just my daughter to attain the best education that they can. Every child deserves to recieve a formal education, whether they are handicap, learning disabled, or etc. Point blank, everyone should be treated equally when it comes to learning, and that is what I want to instill in my students.

Blogging in the Classroom

I will have my students create blogs for everyone to view. Once a week I will let the students get online and make posts to their page. Their posts can range from many topics such as what they did that week, what projects they will be doing in the future, and interesting facts about themselves. Parents can view their childs blogs and monitor their progress in the class. As the teacher, I will make posts also. My posts will include the class rules, syllabus, lesson plans, activities, projects, and anything that I may find interesting. Althoug there is much to learn about technology, I want my students to leave my class as technologically literate students. Students can communicate with other students all across the world, which can open up many doors for them. In Dr. Stranges class, we blogged with students from all parts of the world. I want my students to do an activity like this. It was very interesting to learn about different people from different cultures.